Fundamental Course in User Experience Design
1 Year Distance Learning
Distance Learning course structure
Modules covered include:
- Introduction to User Experience Design - Gain a fundamental understanding of the beginnings and evolution of user experience design. History, design disciplines, processes etc.
- Discover and Plan: Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis.
- Research and Design – Interpreting data and qualitative feedback. Using the evidence to inform decisions.
- Define – Defining users through empathy map and personas. Using storyboards, journey maps, user flows, task flows and site mapping.
- Ideate and Design – Using ideation tools to facilitate brainstorming, scamper, sketches and wireframes. Using structure and content mapping to determine information architecture, content map and create sitemaps.
- Tools of the Trade: Software through phases - research, ideation, prototype and testing tools.
- Prototype - Create wireframes and prototypes.
- Test - Conduct usability testing. Learning how to recruit users and perform user tests.
- Industry Exposure - Expose yourself to the user experience design industry, do research on and meet UX professionals in the industry.
- Portfolio - Compile a portfolio of all your work completed during the year.
How to register