A private higher education institution that remains relevant and considers its impact and what it leaves behind.
Established in 1981, Inscape was the first multi-disciplinary design institution in South Africa. The institution has evolved from a family-owned business to a multi campus operation offering several undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications that are underpinned by design thinking. We prepare, versatilist, as opposed to generalist or specialist graduates. This ensures, comprehensive knowledge, deep skills, wide scope of roles, broad experience and the ability to traverse and be recognized in other domains. Alumnae of the institution are known to be confident, self-respecting and responsible citizens who actively pursue careers that bring about change, impact communities and drive economies. This realisation is borne through the recognition and celebration of each individuals’ uniqueness.
We are leaders in South Africa for doing things that work, differently. Providing opportunities to our students and our wider communities ensures that our actions are authentic and true to our core values.
As leaders in private higher education:
- Our programmes, aligned to our ethos, are progressive and break down the silo mentality of design and its disciplines. We were the first institution in South Africa to offer a Bachelor of Design degree as well as the first institution to offer Ideation Design.
- Our programmes align to international design programme standards.
- Our graduates define the industry.
- We have an established scholarship initiative. Since 2015, we have financially assisted over 124 students to access quality higher education.
- Our activities in the international tertiary market allowed us to partner with institutions worldwide. We select institutions who align with our ethos and culture; who will find value in partnering in either projects, community development or enrichment programs. The international student exchange program exposes our students to alternative teaching methodologies, cultures and environments.
- Relationships with industry players who provide 48-hour briefs as a part of our student learning experience, prepare our students for a real-world with real limitations, challenges and opportunities.
- Driven by technology, creativity, design, integrated learning and unique thinking; the institution encourages independent learning through custom developed software and applications connecting students, institutions and industry.