Are you interested in understanding how online users think and behave? Do you want to advance your knowledge of the ever-changing digital landscape?
The Advanced Diploma in User Experience Design focuses on developing skills in research, problem-solving, conceptualising, systems design, prototyping, testing, and software use. Acquire a deep and systematic understanding of the current knowledge, theories, methodologies, and practices in the specialist area of User Experience Design. Students are challenged to provide innovative, sustainable, ethical, and socially responsible solutions as they engage in design processes to identify complex user (human) experience problems. Knowledge is drawn from diverse areas including design, technology, research methodology, intellectual property law, psychology, and communication. Develop attributes necessary to thrive in the field of UX such as collaboration, negotiation, facilitation, teamwork, and communication. Graduates are expected to become ethical individuals and lifelong learners to continue to learn, grow and adapt to the fast-changing workplace. The qualification addresses the niche job market and prepares students for postgraduate studies.
- Provide students with a well-rounded understanding of User Experience Design and its application in the world of Digital Products and Systems.
- Equip students with an understanding of the key concepts, facts, principles, rules, knowledge, theories, methodologies, and processes needed for decision-making in researching, conceptualising, designing, prototyping, and testing User Experience Design solutions in unfamiliar and variable contexts.
- Equip students with the competencies needed to research, identify, analyse, and propose solutions for User Experience design opportunities and problems in creative, effective, technologically appropriate, sustainable, and ethical ways.
- Provide students with an in-depth understanding of sustainable design, the circular economy, and the ability to apply these concepts to user experience design in both local and global contexts.
- Equip students to communicate innovative solutions using verbal, written and visual communications on multiple platforms.
- Provide students with the decision-making, knowledge, and skills to use well-formed arguments and appropriate academic, professional, or occupational discourse to justify their user experience design solutions.
- Prepare students for postgraduate studies in related fields.