Let's get Digital...Digital...
Published: 6 November, 2019
Categories: General, Inscape
The BA in Digital Marketing and Communication prepares students for the multi-platform communication world in the two broad areas of marketing and communication. The programme is designed to equip students with communication, marketing and multi-disciplinary knowledge, that is applied using creative design thinking skills and digital technology. There is a strong emphasis on students using digital technology to apply Marketing and Communication theories and approaches in both local and global contexts. Graduates are equipped to provide an organisation or small business with a competitive edge to their communications and marketing strategies in an increasingly automated world. As design thinking is increasingly being used in the business world to provide innovative solutions, the BA Digital Marketing and Communication graduates bring with them multiple skills such as creative thinking, facilitation and innovative design processes that are sought after in modern companies and organisations. The aim of this programme is to work across multiple disciplines to provide students with a variety of knowledge, strategies and problem-solving skills whilst emphasising the use of digital media in the communication process.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Provide students with a well-rounded understanding of Marketing and Communication and its application in a digital world.
- Equip students with an understanding of the key concepts, facts, principles, rules, knowledge, theories, methodologies and research processes needed for decision-making in conceptualising, designing and executing integrated Marketing and Communication strategies in unfamiliar and variable contexts.
- Equip students with the competencies needed to identify, analyse and propose digital solutions for Marketing and Communication needs, opportunities and problems in a creative, effective, technologically appropriate and ethical ways.
- Equip students to communicate innovative solutions using verbal, written and visual communications on multiple digital platforms.
- Provide students with the decision-making, knowledge and skills to use well-formed arguments and appropriate academic, professional, or occupational discourse to justify their digital marketing and communication solutions.
- Prepare students for postgraduate studies in related fields.