Rachel Stinson has always had a knack for writing, food, fashion, and places. Blogging has combined all four for her with an added bonus of enthusiastic audiences. She expertly analyzes real estates, restaurants and online fashion stores with respect to pricing and people involved and can express her opinions in an unhesitant, engaging manner for all matters.
Maybe you’re some years into your career in the field of fashion design and the relief at being one of the few from your graduating year who got a job is starting to fade. Maybe you’ve been entrenched in a job for too long, but when you peek outside your cubicle, you no longer see the trees in the forest. Either way, you’re ready to rise, get promoted, and learn more to excel in the field. Here are top 7 marveling tips for fashion design students to excel in their field:
- Consistency is fundamental – As a fashion design student, it’s not enough to just realize someone or somebody opens the door, you have to walk through and set up yourself. Consistency is such an easy thing: in case you show up somewhere every day and get the task done right, over and over, then things grow.
- Use the internet wisely – For someone who wants to excel in the field of fashion design, do not use the whole time online to do unnecessary things, you can learn from the internet starting from new design and styles. Do not Facebook the owner of an online fashion store asking for a job. However, if you need to talk to the owner, have something meaningful to say and use a spell check.
- Have a neurotic personality – As a fashion design student who wants to excel in the field, you will always have the feeling that you have by no means finished with a project. There’s always be something more that could be done. However, it’s also about understanding when to let go. Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are useful attributes too.
- Observe the rest of the world – Fashion takes itself way too seriously and has a sense of exclusivity. No other fields are like that. From rock’n’roll to chess, they don’t care about where you’re from; they invite absolutely everyone in. They understand that most of the finest artists, sports stars, musicians and style designers came from nothing.
- Be the village girl – For a fashion design student that wants to excel, you need to behave like the village girl. The village girl might not be the prettiest, the most economically privileged or the smartest girl, but she has a robust work ethic and is often the most frequently looked over. She’s tenacious, kind and intuitive. Through proper cultivation, mentoring or the good environment, it’s “Ding!” and she’s in her game. Don’t underestimate her.
- Work, Learn and don’t complain – Work is the new 4-letter word. People want to work in fashion and go for online shoppingbecause it is glamorous. What they don’t understand is that you have to walk around the city, picking up clothes in garment bags and filling out insurance forms. When you get to the photo shoot, nobody is going to care that you are there, despite the fact that you’re beautiful and went to a top notch school.
- 7. Strive hard – Whatever field you may find yourself in, you have to strive and pray. For you to excel in the field of fashion design you have to strive hard.