Hot or cold, expensive or cheap, most people absolutely love coffee! Can you imagine starting your day without your cuppa, or setting your creative energy free without a dose of caffeine? Okay, so we don’t have to tell you how awesome coffee is. But, we bet you don’t know everything about where the magic of coffee begins and ends.
- Coffee is a red berry before it is a bean. Maybe that is why it is so berry-delicious. Oops, we mean “very”.
- Coffee was first discovered by Ethiopian goat herders who noticed that their goats started to “dance” after eating coffee berries.
- There are about 50 different species of coffee
- Coffee actually has some important nutritional value. It contains Vitamin B2 and B5, Manganese, Potassium, Niacin and Magnesium.
- Coffee can increase your metabolism from 3 – 11%
- Iced coffee is more expensive to make than hot coffee
- The name cappuccino comes from the resemblance of the drink to the brown clothing of the Capuchin monks.
- Kopi Luwak, the world’s most expensive coffee (up to $600 per pound) is made from the beans excreted by a Sumatran wild cat! The other most expensive “claim to fame” goes to Black Ivory coffee – it costs $50 per cup and is made from elephant dung. Okay, that’s seriously weird!
- A coffee-lover once made a world record by consuming 82 cups of coffee in 7 consecutive hours.
- Can you die from consuming too much coffee? Apparently, 100 cups of coffee is a lethal dose for an adult. We should be okay… well, most of us.
Okay, enough talk about coffee, let’s go grab a cup of goodness!