Learn how to make clothes that you love! From drafting the pattern to sewing, zipping and hemming your own designs. This course is ideal for anyone who would like to learn how to make their own clothing to fit and suit them. You will be guided every step along the way, and after 10 sessions you will have designed and made a shift dress.
You will learn:
- Technical drawings for fashion
- How to draft basic pattern blocks for standard and personalised measurements
- Adapt and modify pattern blocks to create desired designs
- Sewing basics which include;
- Threading and bobbin winding
- Sewing on a domestic sewing machine and overlocker/serger
- Seams, zips, pockets, interfacing, and hemming
- Hand stitching and finishing
Basic materials needed:
- Sewing machine
- Sewing extras such as zips, threads, scissors, chalk, etc
- Pattern drafting extras such as paper for pattern making, tape, scissors, etc.
- Fabric for your shift dress, such as calico or cotton.